Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I can't believe my baby is ONE!!


Time flies too quickly and I can't believe it has already been a year since I had Spencer on April 5th, 2007. It was such a nice day on Saturday..it was so warm and the sun was shining which is so appropriate for Spencer's personality. He is such the light in our family and is such a happy kid. We had a great little party for him at Celebration Park in Allen and had a few families there to celebrate. He absolutely devoured the cake..he couldn't get it in his mouth fast enough! He was double fisting it and then put his mouth down by the tray and started sliding the cake across the tray to his mouth. None of my kids have ever gone for the cake quite like him but he is one of a kind! We got him a little tonka truck push toy which is helping him walk and so I don't think it will be long before he is cruising around the house.

We love having him our family and he is such a sweet boy. Here are some pics of the day..thanks to everyone that came and sent gifts!


Spencer with Grammie and Pop Pop



5 comments:

Chrystalee said...

I LOVE it when they get into the cake like that!!! All the hallmark moments are portrayed in that fashion and then when you have SSSSOOOOO many who just pick at the first birthday cake, what a let down. Congrats on reaching the first milestone ... only a million left to go!!!! : )

Wardell Family said...

He was lovin it! Again, so sad we missed it. Spencer is so cute-i bet he was so fun to watch gettin his hands on that cake. Happy 1st!

becki said...

reese was just as messy and cute. just love it! spencer is SO cute. loved his smiles and brocks party, thanks for letting me play with him.
oh, how do you get your background to be the scrapbooking paper? and repeating-code please??
bljohnson30 at sbcglobal dot net
see you thursday at the hoedown-what a party that will be-what 4 year old likes chili????

Jeni said...

Hey Jenny! Thanks for posting on my blog and sending me yours. I just checked Brianne's and she does have yours listed but her list is soooooo long I guess I've never made it to yours! I didn't know you guys had another baby - congrats (a year late!) Your family is too cute! Love the birthday cake pics. He's adorable!

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Jenny! Yay Jeni Hopewell for posting your blog!

How the heck are ya! Your mom is in our ward and we adore her of course. I am so glad to see your cute kids. Abbey is so grown up! I remember her being a tiny little girl with her tiny little pigtails!

Come see us at our blog!
Amy (a fellow former dancin' queen)