Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I am a Fanilow!!



This is my favorite song of his..


Ok..so I am kind of a closet Barry fan but my sister had extra tickets for this show tonight so I dragged Steve with me to see it. I have already seen him twice before but it was just as great this time. He had so many great songs and I pretty much grew up listening to him on eight tracks believe it or not. I can't believe I am that old!! It is a little bitter sweet because I have so many great memories of his music because my mom loved it but also because so much of his music reminds me of my dad that passed away when I was young. Needless to say, he was great and played a beautiful black grand piano for most of the concert. The highlight of the night was when they showed a video clip of him in 1975 playing "Mandy" on this show called Midnight Special. We watched the video for the first verse and then the lights went up on the stage and this huge white grand piano came up from the floor with him playing...then at the end he sang with the video again in harmony..so cool. I know this sounds so cheesy but I loved it. He ended with, of course, Copacabana!! I was dancing and I think Steve was embarassed but whatever! At least we had a night out together even though we were rocking out to Barry!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Fanilow huh? thats a new one to me. Sadly I have nothing to say about this post. I think he is nerd but I think it's so funny that you like him. I new someone was buying his albums, now I know who :)

~Jen~ said...

Okay I'll back you up on this one! I love Barry Manilow! My favorite has to be "Mandy" so I would have loved to see what he did. But I'm not sure I'll ever be able to drag Anthony to a concert.

nikkirott said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wardell Family said...

Go Barry! His voice is timeless...love it! So glad you and Steve had such a good time. That is so sweet about your Dad and the memories. My fave is "Mandy" too! It's in my head again...