Monday, June 16, 2008

Day at the Lake

My parents took us out for a day at the lake for my dad's bday/ father's day. They are moving out there soon and wanted to have some fun with the kids and check out the new digs. We had so much fun!! We took out a pontoon boat and then also my dad's friend came with his boat to pull tubes etc. Despite getting a little rain now and then, it was great. The lake is so beautiful. It is called Cypress Springs and is out an hour and a half or so but it is nice to get out of all the mainstream lakes. This area seems like the place to retire for sure!





Abbey and her cousin on the tube!

We had a nice little party for my dad and I can't believe he is 65 WOW!




We all got some sun but I got a little too much! I was hurting pretty bad when we got home and I realized weird parts of my body for burned like my knees, the top of my hands, the top of my feet?? Whatever, I just needed a tan so I can suffer through the burn. It was a nice way to break in the summer..Good Times. Thanks to my wonderful parents for the fun day.

2 comments:

becki said...

what?? your mom is moving from the melissa ward? i was so excited to have her in my ward and now she's moving?!! man, i'll just have to wait until you finally move up here and then i'll have been in wards with your whole family!
glad you had a good trip, looks like fun, burn and all!

Wardell Family said...

That does look like it was fun! Glad your burns are clearing up. I love the picture of your Dad with the grandkids...so sweet.
P.S. Happy Birthday today!