Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy Birthday to Us!!

Yes, he has food hanging off his mouth on purpose!

So birthdays are so uneventful as I get older and since I was hitting the big 3-3 and Steve is 34 this week, we weren't doing much.. but our wonderful friends took us out to celebrate anyways!

We went to this great restaurant in Deep Ellum/Dallas called Monica's which was fantastic. The best part about it was the crazy live music. Of course, everyone let on to the server about the birthdays and so when the band ("Chilo and his Latin sounds") starts rolling with the music, the guitarist pulls me out of my seat and hands me a tambourine..classic..what am I supposed to do with that?! We make it up to the stage with other fellow birthday people and they are all three sheets to the wind. I started trying to hide behind the bass player..mind you, the tambourine still in hand..The song was literally 10 minutes long and as all the younger, less clothed girls and guys started a conga line, I headed back to hide under the table. Good Times.


Why does he always have to be goofy?
Getting up on stage
Hiding....
Feeling mortified!!


Can't quit laughing..
Still laughing!

Jeff's due in December..


Then we headed on to a comedy club called Ad Libs which is all improvisational comedy. It was so funny and we had such a great time...so thank you to our friends for planning it and celebrating with us! (even if we are getting old)

7 comments:

Cook Family said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a fun night, what more can you ask for? I didn't realize we were born the same month, funny.

McDowell Family said...

Hope that's ok that I took a peak at your blog. Love it.

Happy Birthday! I didn't know our birthday's were so close. It looks like you had a fun celebration! What day is your b-day?

Anne said...

Love it.... What a fun night. I am glad we got to celebrate such great people. You are the best my friend...

Anne

Wardell Family said...

That was a lot of fun! Glad you and Steve had a good birthday...love ya!

becki said...

oh, happy day!!! i didn't realize that you and I are the same age, although my bday is in january. I thought you were younger and cindy was my age.
glad you had a fun time-you sure know how to party!!!

Erickson Fam said...

Happy Birthday to ya!!
Ok, my co-workers might have lied, but rumor is Monica used to be a guy! Kinda a funny tid bit for your birthday dinner.
I used to work in Dallas and we've been there once or twice - kinda a fun little place. Glad you were able to get out on your bday!!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday you guys. As fun as ever.