Saturday, July 05, 2008

Happy 4th!

So here are our day's events for the 4th. We took the kids to a parade in the morning down in McKinney, which was my idea and I always have good intentions and think it will be SO great but alas, we missed most of it since it was like a 10 minute parade..Steve and I are arguing about where to park and it was hotter than you know what outside. After 10 minutes of walking, my kids were tired and hot so we went to get a sno cone but alas, the line was forever long so the only redeemable part of the morning was the cool car show which my kids thought was awesome. We took some pics and headed to the DQ for lunch..I don't think I can say DQ without a southern twang and I haven't been there in years but it was SO good.




All in all, it was fine. Then we all needed a nap, of course.

We then headed to a friends house for swimming and bbq'ing with the best hamburgers ever! Shout out to Brent and Nikki and as if our kids weren't tired enough we dropped off the babe with a sitter and headed to the biggest venue close to us, Pizza Hut Park, for an Fireworks spectacular!

It was great laying on the grass, with music blaring, and fireworks with my kids, my awesome husband and our great friends. We have so much to be grateful for. But wait..the night wasn't complete without the sounds of the "Temptations"! They were sporting the shiny white outfits and we had a great time dancing and having fun. My dad LOVES the Temptations and was supposed to go with us, but had to cancel because he wasn't feeling well so we missed you Pop Pop and Grammie!




Happy 4th to everyone!

5 comments:

becki said...

that's good to know the parade is short because we SO almost went, but were late and thought we'd go anyway-WOOO!
and what a GREAT idea to leave the baby at home and enjoy the fireworks with the older kids, I seriously never thought of that-but it's so brilliant! I'll do that next year for sure!
happy belated 4th!

Blondemom said...

Oh you just make me laugh, you remind me so much of me... At least you can laugh about it and find the good in the day... Love staying in touch. Take care

Taylor said...

Oh looks like sooo much fun! I miss you guys! Why can't we live closer dangit....lets catch up soon.
Loving!

Taylor said...

Okay, so that last post is from me....brooke....not taylor. anywho, our good friends from dental school just moved to Allen and I think they went to similar 4th of july festivities... they are LOVING Dallas and are there to stay. check out their blog through our blog...trent and jenny lofgren
muuaahh!

Unknown said...

I skip most parades. Hard to skip out on the rest of the days activities. Fun Fun!! Happy 4th.