Thursday, March 05, 2009

Catching up..AGAIN!

I am totally behind lately. I can't seem to catch up with my life but wanted to update our family for the last few months. January came and went so fast. After the holidays, school started again and everything was in high gear. Abbey has done some fun things in the past few months. Her grade did a "America" themed concert and she did so great. She was a narrator and got to say her line at the microphone, so that was exciting. The pics are so dark but she did great!











Abbey also did a dance camp at the high school by us. She is doing so great and working on her double turns and splits..of course, I love that she loves to dance. She did the camp with her friend Kayla and they had alot of fun. Then they were invited to perform at the half time show for the high school girls basketball game. She loved it and we were so proud of her!





Valentines came and went...:( I wish Steve and I were more romantic but as the years pass, we generally prefer to hang out at home instead of going out but we did go out and had a fun time. We went to dinner with some friends and then onto the BYU/TCU basketball game. My brother and his wife were in town with the team so he got us tickets..it was fun to see them.

The last and big news of the last few weeks is that I finally got a new couch..well, not really new, but in the spirit of using what you got instead of buying new..I found a great cover for my couch and had my friend Julie recover my cushions. I went and picked out the fabric with a friend since I am fabrically challenged (is that a word?) She speaks the sewing language, so she (Anne) and I picked out new stuff and took it to Julie. She was a miracle worker and viola!! Here is the before and after..all for under $200 bucks.
Thanks Julie and Anne!!

Before: (sorry this was xmas morning and I look pretty bad!


After: The first few are on my new couch!!.. and the last few are at Julie's couch..






I will try to be better about posting and keeping up..hope everyone is well!

4 comments:

nikkirott said...

it looks like a brand new couch! i can't believe it. it looks awesome. good fabric choices. I am also fabric challenged:)

Blondemom said...

I can't believe you did that for $200. it's looks amazing...

Jill said...

Yea! I love it when you catch us up. Abbey is so dang cute. I'm glad she's having fun dancing. Your couch looks awesome! I am also fabrically challenged. We should start a support group. :) Love you guys!xoxo

Jules said...

WOw... your seamstress is amazing! So is your fabric friend... so are you!!! :)