Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Break and then some..

We had a great "stay-cation" for Spring Break and actually had a really fun week! The kids were able to play outside ALL day the first day because the weather was so nice..gotta love spring in Texas (minus the storms and tornados!)

Tuesday, we went to the park and had lunch at a friends house..again, ALL day outside. My kids had that perma- outside smell which I love! I actually want them to get out and get dirty like I did as a kid, and they don't get to do that all the time.

Wednesday, we went with some friends to a big bounce house place where they had of course, bouncing, laser tag, games, food and a fun dance floor that Spence loved. He was cuttin' a rug to Hannah Montana. It was so fun to watch. Plus, they were all tired and ready for a nap after..as was I!

Thursday, Steve was able to take off work and we went on the Grapevine Vintage Railroad Train. It is just like it sounds..an old steam engine train that took us from Grapevine TX, to Fort Worth where we were able to see the stockyards there.

Me and my friend Kellie picked up these two handsome guys at the bar..





On the way out, the train got "robbed" by a few real cowboys so the kids thought that was so cool. The train was absolutely amazing.


They finally got the bad guy..he surrendered!

After we got to Ft. Worth, we walked around and saw all the longhorns, horses and fed a few animals at the petting zoo. We then ate at this great bbq place, Risky's. BBQ in texas is just awesome, of course. The kids bought a few souveniers and then we got back on the train for home. It was a great day and a fun experience for all of us.






Gotta love this kid!





Friday, my friend Anne and her kids came over to do a lemonade stand. They actually did all the work, and brought everything to my neighborhood. They sold cookies, candy, and lemonade. Then Abbey, Scott and Sydney and Jaxon (anne's kids) drove around on their bikes drumming up business. Abbey could be good in sales when she gets older..like her dad!



Anyway, they made $6 which was pretty darn good for 2 hours and lots of $.10, $.15 and $.25 items. The kids had alot of fun and made some serious cash. :)

It was so fun spending time with my kids all week..it was a little exhausting but we made some great memories and I am so blessed to have each of them.. They keep me on my toes and always laughing..

This pic of Scotty sums up the week after..we were all so tired after our adventurous week, so hence..sleep was a necessity! (love the popcorn in the hand!!)

3 comments:

The Slaters said...

I love the last picture of Scotty....what a great way to fall asleep, with food in hand :)

Cook Family said...

I agree, I'm tired after a week of Spring Break. We went to Fort Worth on Friday, it was so fun!

Wardell Family said...

It was so fun to read your blog today...since I have been so behind in my blog surfing! I LOVE the couch-it looks so good! I am so glad you had a great Spring Break and found myself wishing we were there with you:( Really so glad you guys are doing well. Tell Scotty Brock says hi! We will talk soon!